Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 5:09 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 4:24 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
The National Weather Service in Omaha has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the big Blue River near Crete.
* From this afternoon to late Monday night... or until the warning is
* At 4:45 am Thursday the stage was 16.3 feet... or 1.7 feet below
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to
rise to near 21.2 feet by tomorrow morning.The river will fall
below flood stage by late Monday morning.
* Impact... at 24.0 feet... parts of the Tuxedo Park area on the west
side of town north of State Highway 33 flood.
Lat... Lon 4070 9702 4070 9695 4039 9685 4037 9690
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:10 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until noon CDT today...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Iowa and Nebraska... including the following
areas... in Iowa... Fremont... Harrison... Mills... Monona...
Montgomery... Page... Pottawattamie and Shelby. In Nebraska...
Boone... Burt... Butler... Cass... Colfax... Cuming... Dodge...
Douglas... Lancaster... Madison... Otoe... Pierce... Platte...
Saline... Sarpy... Saunders... Seward... Stanton... Thurston...
Washington and Wayne.
* Until noon CDT today
* thunderstorms... producing heavy rain at times... will continue
through the morning hours. The bulk of the rain should fall prior
* Heavy rain in excess of 1 to 2 inches an hour is possible this
morning. Much of the watch area should see 1 to 2 inch amounts
with locally higher amounts from 2 to 4 inches. As a
result... flash flooding will be possible through this morning...
especially in flood prone areas and near streams and rivers.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report