Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy County
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:36 AM MDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:30 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 630 am MDT/730 am
CDT/ for southeastern Eddy County...
At 230 am MDT... local emergency management officials reported
ongoing high water rescues in southeast Eddy County near U.S. 285.
The Delaware River at this location was reported to be 150 yards
wide and flowing fast. A thunderstorm producing very heavy rain
was located 10 miles southwest of Malaga... or 22 miles south of
Carlsbad... moving northeast at 10 mph.
The thunderstorm producing very heavy rain will affect the following
locations... Malaga and Salt Lake.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. Act quickly if flooding is observed. Move to
Lat... Lon 3231 10438 3232 10372 3200 10373 3200 10467
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:05 AM MDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
427 am CDT Fri Sep 19 2014 /327 am MDT Fri Sep 19 2014/
The National Weather Service in Midland has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
Lea County in southeast New Mexico...
northeastern Eddy County in southeast New Mexico...
* until 700 am MDT
* at 400 am MDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
a large complex of heavy showers and a thunderstorm moving across
eastern Eddy County and most of Lea County. The heaviest rain
was centered about 15 miles south of Hobbs... moving east at 10 mph.
* The thunderstorm producing minor flooding will affect the following
Lat... Lon 3341 10307 3202 10309 3201 10372 3233 10370
3232 10418 3296 10426 3296 10376 3340 10374
3340 10373 3343 10373
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Davis/Apache Mountains area...
Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe Mountains...
Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell... Reeves County
and upper trans Pecos... Scurry... Van Horn and Highway 54
corridor and Winkler.
* Through Saturday morning
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will continue to move into the region. An additional 1 to 2
inches of rain is possible in the watch area through tonight...
with isolated amounts of 3 inches or more.
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings... and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report