Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southern Lea County
Statement as of 12:24 PM MDT on April 20, 2018
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on April 20, 2018
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 8 PM CDT /7 PM MDT/ this
* timing... Friday morning until early evening.
* Winds... southeast winds 25 to 35 mph gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts... secure lawn furniture, garbage cans or other objects
which could be blown about by the wind. Local blowing dust
will reduce visibility.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:43 PM MDT on April 20, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on April 20, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/
this evening for windy and dry conditions, and very high to
extreme fire danger for all of southeast New Mexico and south
through the Davis Mountains and Marfa Plateau...
* wind... southwest 30 to 50 mph in the Guadalupe Mountains with
higher gusts. Southwest 20 to 30 in the plains with higher
* Humidity... 5 to 15 percent.
* Fire danger... very high to extreme.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory
- Nevada -
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Pennsylvania - Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement