Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southern Gila Foothills/Mimbres Valley
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:35 PM MDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through Saturday morning
* widespread areas of rainfall of 1 to 3 inches... with a few
areas possibly totaling 4-5 inches... through Saturday night.
* Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with
fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water crossing
roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained
streets and intersections is possible for urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report