Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Lowlands of the Bootheel
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:12 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Monday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
* Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of southwest New Mexico
in Hidalgo and Grant counties. This includes the following
areas... lowlands of the bootheel... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley and uplands of the bootheel.
* This evening through Monday afternoon.
* Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur
over the affected area through Monday afternoon. Widespread
rain amounts of 1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts
will fall on already saturated soil... resulting in
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement