Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, East Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:35 PM MDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through Saturday morning
* widespread areas of rainfall of 1 to 3 inches... with a few
areas possibly totaling 4-5 inches... through Saturday night.
* Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with
fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water crossing
roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained
streets and intersections is possible for urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 10:00 PM MDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 3:30 AM EDT on August 01, 2014
The western end of a line of strong thunderstorms drifting slowly
into south central New Mexico... is beginning to move into eastern
Sierra County. This line is oriented northeast to southwest... and
is approaching an area of strengthening low level winds moving up
from West Texas at this time.
This line will continue to move across northern Otero County... and
intensify over the next couple of hours... as it encounters a weak
disturbance slowly moving up from Chihuahua. Activity will develop
over southern Otero... eastern Dona Ana and the West Texas counties
over the next couple of hours... with 1 to 2 inches of rainfall
expected out of some storms. This line is moving around 5 mph. Due
to already saturated ground in some areas... the slow movement to
these storms will result in flooding of dips... ditches and low
lying stretches of roadways in your area. Gusty down burst winds
to 40 mph will also accompany this activity. Remember water can
quickly cover the Road ahead of you... even from storms that seen
distant. If you are driving through hilly country... adjust your
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement