Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southwest Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:59 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central New Mexico... including the
following areas... Central Highlands... Chaves County plains...
Curry County... De Baca County... eastern Lincoln County...
Guadalupe County... Quay County... Roosevelt County... San Francisco
River Valley... south central mountains... southwest Chaves County
and Southwest Mountains.
* Through Monday evening
* an upper level storm system over central California will track
slowly eastward today and pass through the central and southern
rockies Monday. Ahead of this system... an extended period of
moist low level east winds along with a tap of monsoon moisture
from Mexico is expected. The combination of these features will
lead to increased and sustained shower and thunderstorm activity
and therefore the likelihood of heavy rainfall over the watch
* Locations which have received heavy rainfall recently will be
most susceptible to flash flooding. Other vulnerable locations
include poor drainage areas... steep terrain and burn scars such
as the Little Bear and Whitewater Baldy. Keep a watchful eye on
small streams and arroyos... and avoid flooded low water
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:37 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
Preliminary rainfall reports across north and central New Mexico
for the last 11 hours.
... County... storm total time/date of
location /inches/ measurement
... Catron County...
Mogollon 10 ESE 0.47 850 am 9/21
Mogollon 14 se 0.40 950 am 9/21
Beaverhead 0.14 708 am 9/21
- Beaverhead RAWS.
Reserve 1 WNW 0.13 1008 am 9/21
- Reserve RAWS.
Luna 1 ENE 0.13 1007 am 9/21
- Luna RAWS.
... Chaves County...
Dunken 2 NE 0.36 936 am 9/21
- Dunken RAWS.
Mesa 13 SSE 0.27 552 am 9/21
Roswell 0.18 915 am 9/21
Bitter Lake wildlife ref 14 NNE 0.11 437 am 9/21
- Eight Mile draw RAWS.
Roswell 4 SSE 0.11 1017 am 9/21
- krow ASOS.
Roswell 3 NW 0.10 630 am 9/21
... Lincoln County...
Arabela 12 ENE 0.84 1020 am 9/21
- portable RAWS.
Arabela 6 ENE 0.50 630 am 9/21
Alto 2 se 0.22 830 am 9/21
... McKinley County...
Zuni Pueblo 7 NW 0.22 842 am 9/21
- Zuni Buttes RAWS.
... San Juan County...
Navajo Dam 12 N 0.22 526 am 9/21
- Albino Canyon RAWS.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory