Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Curry County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:54 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central New Mexico... including the
following areas... Central Highlands... Chaves County plains...
Curry County... De Baca County... eastern Lincoln County...
Guadalupe County... lower Rio Grande Valley... Quay County...
Roosevelt County... San Francisco River Valley... south Central
Highlands... south central mountains... southwest Chaves County...
Southwest Mountains and upper Tularosa Valley.
* Through Monday evening
* an upper level storm system centered over the Great Basin Sunday
evening will track through the central rockies on Monday. In
advance of this system... moist low level east winds and a tap of
monsoon moisture will persist. The combination of these features
will keep showers and thunderstorms active through Monday
evening... and therefore the likelihood of heavy rainfall over
the watch area.
* Locations which have received heavy rainfall recently will be
most susceptible to flash flooding. Other vulnerable locations
include poor drainage areas... steep terrain and burn scars such
as the Little Bear and Whitewater Baldy. Keep a watchful eye on
small streams and arroyos... and avoid flooded low water
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement