Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Sheep Range
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Arizona...
California and southern Nevada... including the following
areas... in northwest Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave...
Lake Mead National Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In
California... Cadiz basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo
basin and San Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley.
In southern Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las
Vegas Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern
Clark County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* tropical moisture is expected to push into the Desert Southwest
this week... bringing an enhanced risk of flash flooding across the
region. The highest risk of flooding will occur Wednesday and
Thursday across southern Nevada... northwest Arizona and southeast
California. There is still high uncertainty in the evolution of
the forecast during this period and storms may be isolated to
scattered in nature. However... with many areas still recovering
from flood impacts the risk for additional impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experiences recent flooding should pay close attention to
forecasts and warnings.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 5:35 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Bishop CA...
a record high temperature of 97 degrees was set at Bishop CA today.
This ties the old record of 97 set in 2000.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report