Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Montgomery
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:01 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Fulton County in eastern New York...
this includes the cities of... Johnstown... Gloversville...
eastern Montgomery County in eastern New York...
this includes the cities of... Fonda... Amsterdam...
* until 800 am EDT
* at 500 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicates
one to three inches of rainfall has occurred in the last 12 hours or
so. An additional inch or so of rainfall is possible from showers
and isolated thunderstorms this morning. This rainfall may produce
ponding of water on roadways and poor drainage flooding of low lying
areas. Also some creeks may spill their banks briefly due to the
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water on country roads and
farmland along the banks of creeks and streams.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 4286 7443 4315 7442 4315 7412 4288 7411
4282 7425 4279 7426 4278 7429 4277 7443
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:44 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 10
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Albany
********************storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Berkshire County...
Clarksburg 0.41 522 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Fulton County...
Perth 3.77 518 am 8/21 weathernet6
fishhouse 1.00 431 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Herkimer County...
Dolgeville 1.10 247 am 8/21 spotter
... Montgomery County...
Amsterdam 1.56 1102 PM 8/20 weathernet6
Fonda 1.45 1056 PM 8/20 weathernet6
Palatine Bridge 1.37 504 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Rensselaer County...
Grafton 0.15 437 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Saratoga County...
Porter Corners 0.41 1108 PM 8/20 weathernet6
... Schoharie County...
Richmondville 0.41 428 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Ulster County...
West Shokan 0.23 430 am 8/21 weathernet6
... Bennington County...
West Arlington 0.14 419 am 8/21 weathernet6
Landgrove 0.10 528 am 8/21 weathernet6
**********************12 hour rainfall**********************
Location 12 hour time/date comments
... Herkimer County...
Columbia Center 1.60 138 am 8/21 spotter
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement