Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Sullivan
Statement as of 2:32 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM EDT Sunday...
* locations... Otsego... Delaware... and Sullivan counties in New
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... this evening to early Sunday evening.
* Impacts... strong gusty winds may cause trees and wires to
fall. Unsecured items may get blown around.
Wind advisories are issued when sustained wind speeds of at
greater than 30 mph and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected.
Winds of this magnitude could cause minor damage to trees...
power lines and weaker structures. Persons in the advisory area
should secure all loose objects. If you are traveling through the
advisory area keep a firm grip on the wheel... especially for
those driving high profile vehicles.
Statement as of 1:49 AM EDT on October 22, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Binghamton NY...
a record rainfall of 2.74 inch(es) was set at Binghamton NY
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 2.32 set in 1995.
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory