Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Douglas County
Statement as of 3:53 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday.
* Temperature: highs of 100 to 105 degrees Friday with
temperatures only cooling a few degrees on Saturday.
* Locations include: drain... Elkton... Roseburg... Sutherlin...
green... Myrtle Creek... Canyonville.
* Impacts: there is an elevated risk of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke during this time period. Those who are
elderly... sick... or Young are more susceptible to heat related
* View the hazard area in detail at
* do not leave pets or children in automobiles for any length of
* Use caution near area rivers... which are cold and can have
strong currents... and be sure to wear a life jacket.
* Drink plenty of water and seek shade.
* Take plenty of rest breaks.
Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:43 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening for
Haines index 6 over the Cable Crossing fire...
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening for possible dry lightning on very dry fuels...
The red flag warning for high Haines over existing fires remains
in effect until 11 PM.The National Weather Service in Medford has
issued a Fire Weather Watch for possible dry lightning on very dry
fuels which is in effect from Saturday afternoon through Saturday
* Impacts to existing fires: very dry and unstable conditions will
support extreme fire behavior. Plume domination is possible with
locally generated erratic and gusty winds. Spotting could be a
problem. In addition... strong and gusty outflow winds from
thunderstorms over the Cascades may affect ongoing fires.
* Ongoing fires affected by Haines 6: Cable Crossing.
* Fire weather zones affected: eastern portion of 616.
* Counties affected: Douglas.
* Fire Weather Watch information: isolated to scattered dry
thunderstorms are possible over the eastern and southern portion
of fire weather zone 616 on Saturday. Additional starts and
extreme fire behavior will be possible.
A red flag warning means that extreme fire conditions are
occurring or imminent.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red
Statement as of 1:52 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Medford or...
a record high temperature of 108 degrees was set at Medford or yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 107 set in 2003.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report