Current Watches and Warnings
Pennsylvania, Northern Erie
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:27 AM EST on January 29, 2015
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 30, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to
10 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for sleet and snow... which is in effect from 10
am this morning to 10 am EST Friday.
* Ice accumulations... a trace.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 5 inches.
* Sleet accumulations... up to a couple tenths of an inch.
* Snow/ice beginning... there will be a chance of freezing
rain... sleet... and snow this morning. The precipitation will
become more widespread by midday. Precipitation may change to
rain across portions of northeast Ohio where the temperature
gets above freezing. Further northeast... snow and occasional
sleet is expected to remain the predominate precipitation type.
* Snow/ice ending... the threat for sleet and freezing rain is
expected to end by early to mid afternoon. During the late
afternoon and evening the precipitation type will transition to
all snow. Occasional snow showers will continue through the
night... tapering Friday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph becoming
west-northwest this evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow, blowing snow, sleet,
freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant, the word advisory implies that severe winter weather
is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for further
details or updates.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Winter Storm Watch
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Freezing Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report