Current Watches and Warnings
Pennsylvania, Southern Erie
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 6:58 AM EST on January 29, 2015
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 30, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this
morning to 10 am EST Friday...
* ice accumulations... a trace.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 5 inches. A slushy inch is possible
before dark... with the remainder of the accumulation occurring
* Sleet accumulations... up to a couple tenths of an inch.
* Snow/ice beginning... there will be a chance of freezing rain...
sleet... and snow this morning. The precipitation will become
more widespread by midday. Precipitation may change to rain
across portions of northeast Ohio where the temperature gets
above freezing. Further northeast... snow and occasional sleet
is expected to remain the predominate precipitation type.
* Snow/ice ending... the threat for sleet and freezing rain is
expected to end by early to mid afternoon. During the late
afternoon and evening the precipitation type will transition to
all snow. Occasional snow showers will continue through the
night... tapering Friday morning.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph
becoming west-northwest this evening.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter
weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for
further details or updates.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Winter Storm Watch
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report