Current Watches and Warnings
Rhode Island, Southeast Providence
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:23 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on May 24, 2013
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until noon EDT today...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northern Connecticut... Massachusetts... southern New
Hampshire and Rhode Island... including the following areas... in
northern Connecticut... Hartford CT... Tolland CT and Windham CT.
In Massachusetts... eastern Franklin MA... eastern Hampden
MA... eastern Hampshire MA... eastern Norfolk MA... eastern
Plymouth MA... northern Bristol MA... northern Middlesex
MA... northern Worcester MA... southern Bristol MA... southern
Plymouth MA... southern Worcester MA... Suffolk MA... western
Franklin MA... western Hampden MA... western Hampshire MA...
western Norfolk MA and western Plymouth MA. In southern New
Hampshire... Cheshire NH and western and central Hillsborough NH.
In Rhode Island... Bristol RI... eastern Kent RI... Newport
RI... northwest Providence RI... southeast Providence RI...
Washington RI and western Kent RI.
* Until noon EDT today
* areas of moderate to heavy rainfall are expected later this
morning. Heavy rainfall later this morning... particularly within
stronger thunderstorms... could result in flash flooding.
* The main concern will be for urban areas and smaller
tributaries... streams and creeks.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:21 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 12
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Boston
********************storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Hartford County...
Granby 2.30 508 am 5/24 ham radio
Avon 2.10 508 am 5/24 ham radio
1 WNW Windsor Locks 1.89 438 am 5/24 ASOS
Collinsville 1.76 910 PM 5/23 none
South Windsor 1.30 1147 PM 5/23 trained spotter
West Hartford 1.30 940 PM 5/23 NWS nepp
Bristol 1.10 535 PM 5/23 media
3 se Hartford 1.05 508 am 5/24 ASOS
... Bristol County...
3 NW New Bedford 1.38 510 am 5/24 ASOS
... Franklin County...
2 se Orange 1.18 444 am 5/24 ASOS
... Hampden County...
Springfield 2.84 510 am 5/24 ham radio
Granville 1.93 935 PM 5/23 NWS nepp
Palmer 1.90 511 am 5/24 ham radio
2 ENE Westfield 1.81 441 am 5/24 ASOS
Southwick 1.81 1022 PM 5/23 none
Chester 1.79 1047 PM 5/23 ham radio
... Plymouth County...
2 WNW east bridgewat 0.66 430 am 5/24 cocorahs
... Worcester County...
4 se Fitchburg 2.00 446 am 5/24 ASOS
3 WNW Worcester 1.36 509 am 5/24 ASOS
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Freeze Warning
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Weather Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.