Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Marlboro
Statement as of 11:21 AM EST on March 08, 2014
Expires 3:46 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Forecast flooding increased from minor to moderate severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Pee Dee River at Cheraw.
* Until Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10 am Saturday the stage was 33.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 37.2 feet after
midnight tomorrow. The river will fall below flood stage Monday
* At 36.0 feet... extensive overflow of the left bank will occur and
large areas of farmland near Cheraw will be flooded. Livestock and
farm equipment should be moved to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3480 7994 3480 8002 3455 7990 3455 7984
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:40 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Severe weather awareness week in north and South Carolina March
2 to March 8...
This week has been declared severe weather awareness week for 2014
in north and South Carolina. All week long... the National Weather
Service has been issuing informative messages to help you prepare
for severe weather.
We hope that you have taken time this week thinking about the
various types of severe weather that can threaten you home and
family. The Carolinas experience a wide variety of severe weather
ranging from lightning to flooding and tornadoes.
Preparing before storms threaten is the most important. A NOAA
Weather Radio with a warning alarm tone and battery backup can be a
vital tool in your home. There are many advantages of using a
weather radio to obtain information. First is their ability to be
programmed to turn on in the event of a warning, any time day or
night. Second is their battery backup source of power. Electric
power often becomes unavailable during dangerous weather rendering
televisions and computers useless. Following a hurricane utility
power is sometimes not available for days or even weeks. Battery
operated televisions can also prove useful but they are considerably
Talk with your family about severe weather and develop a safety
plan. Staying informed about severe weather and making sure that you
know what to do when severe weather threatens will keep you and your
The mission of the National Weather Service is to protect the life
and property... but it is up to you to be prepared. Seconds can save
lives so make sure that you know what to do once the alarm is
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Record Report