Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Tidal Berkeley
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:02 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast Georgia and
southeast South Carolina... including the following areas... in
southeast Georgia... Bryan... Chatham... Liberty... McIntosh...
Evans... long and Tattnall. In southeast South Carolina...
Beaufort... Charleston... coastal Colleton... coastal Jasper and
tidal Berkeley. This includes the Charleston and Savannah Metro
* Through this evening.
* Numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur this afternoon and
evening. High moisture values combined with slow moving showers
and thunderstorms will result in an increased potential for
flash flooding... especially in areas that observed very heavy
rains Sunday and Monday.
* Rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches with localized amounts in
excess of 5 inches is possible through late evening. The risk
for flooding will be enhanced between 2 and 4 PM in the
Charleston and Savannah Metro areas where influences from the
afternoon high tide will be the greatest.
Be prepared to protect life and property... especially in areas
prone to flooding. If flooding develops... move to higher ground
immediately. If driving... be prepared for flooded roadways and
possible Road closures.
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 2:52 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am EDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am EDT this morning.
* Locations... Dorchester... Berkeley and Charleston counties...
including the Charleston Metro area.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times in areas of
dense fog. Lower visibilities will be possible near low lying
areas such as marshes... swamps... large ditches and rivers.
* Impacts... low visibility will make travel difficult.
Be prepared for increased travel time. If driving... slow down...
use low beam headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of
you in case a sudden stop is needed.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report