Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:58 PM CDT on July 27, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect for Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Nashville has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of middle Tennessee...
including the following areas... Cannon... Cheatham... Clay...
Davidson... De Kalb... Dickson... Fentress... Hickman... Houston...
Humphreys... Jackson... Lewis... Macon... Maury... Montgomery...
Overton... Perry... Pickett... Putnam... Robertson... Rutherford...
Smith... Stewart... Sumner... Trousdale... Wayne... Williamson and
* From 1 am CDT Thursday through 1 am CDT Friday
* widespread showers and thunderstorms expected late tonight
through Thursday will lead to locally heavy rainfall of 2 to 4
inches with higher amounts. Intense rainfall rates may lead to
several inches of rain in a short amount of time.
* Flash flooding is possible with the heaviest downpours... leading
to quick flooding of roads... poor drainage areas... and other
low lying locations.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report