Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:46 AM EDT on July 03, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southwest North Carolina... east Tennessee and
southwest Virginia... including the following areas... in
southwest North Carolina... Cherokee and Clay. In east
Tennessee... Anderson... Bledsoe... Blount Smoky Mountains...
Bradley... Campbell... Claiborne... Cocke Smoky Mountains... east
Polk... Grainger... Hamblen... Hamilton... Hancock... Hawkins...
Jefferson... Johnson... Knox... Loudon... Marion... McMinn...
Meigs... Morgan... NW Blount... north Sevier... northwest Carter...
northwest Cocke... northwest Greene... northwest Monroe...
Rhea... Roane... Scott TN... Sequatchie... Sevier Smoky
Mountains... southeast Carter... southeast Greene... southeast
Monroe... Sullivan... Unicoi... Union... Washington TN and west
Polk. In southwest Virginia... Lee... Russell... Scott...
Washington and wise.
* Through Saturday evening
* abundant moisture and a series of upper level disturbances...
will produce several rounds of showers and thunderstorms from
tonight into the 4th of July weekend. Many areas are already
saturated from heavy rains earlier this week.
* Widespread moderate to heavy rains... and locally very heavy rains
may cause flash flooding today into the 4th of July weekend.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain... which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If
you are in the watch area... .keep an eye out for rising water or
water over roadways. Keep informed... and be ready for action if
flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you
come to a closed or flooded Road... turn around! Don't drown!
Statement as of 4:12 AM EDT on July 03, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Chattanooga...
a record rainfall of 1.87 inches was set at Chattanooga
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.29 set in 1921.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement