Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:51 AM EDT on July 05, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 05, 2015
1025 PM EDT Sat Jul 4 2015
The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
western Polk County in east Tennessee...
Bradley County in east Tennessee...
Rhea County in east Tennessee...
McMinn County in east Tennessee...
Meigs County in east Tennessee...
Hamilton County in east Tennessee...
* until 345 am EDT
* at 1248 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to showers
and thunderstorms moving across the area. This will cause Urban
and Small Stream flooding in the advisory area. Around one inch of
rain has already fallen during the past hour on already saturated
* Some locations that may experience flooding include... parts of
Chattanooga... Cleveland... Athens... Dayton... Decatur... Benton...
Soddy-Daisy... Signal Mountain... Etowah... Spring City... Walden...
Lakesite... Charleston... Harrison... South Cleveland... East
Cleveland... Fairmount... Wildwood Lake... Red Bank and Collegedale.
Additional rainfall of one half inch or more is possible during the
next hour or two over the area. This additional rain will cause
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause ponding of water in
urban areas... highways... streets and underpasses as well as other
poor drainage areas and low lying spots. Do not attempt to travel
across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as farm and country roads. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3499 8498 3516 8537 3578 8490 3579 8487
3581 8478 3578 8474 3575 8475 3574 8470
3572 8469 3569 8463 3564 8462 3563 8456
3546 8444 3535 8443 3529 8450 3528 8449
3527 8447 3499 8463
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southwest North Carolina... east Tennessee and
southwest Virginia... including the following areas... in
southwest North Carolina... Cherokee and Clay. In east
Tennessee... Anderson... Bledsoe... Blount Smoky Mountains...
Bradley... Campbell... Claiborne... Cocke Smoky Mountains... east
Polk... Grainger... Hamblen... Hamilton... Hancock... Hawkins...
Jefferson... Johnson... Knox... Loudon... Marion... McMinn...
Meigs... Morgan... NW Blount... north Sevier... northwest Carter...
northwest Cocke... northwest Greene... northwest Monroe...
Rhea... Roane... Scott TN... Sequatchie... Sevier Smoky
Mountains... southeast Carter... southeast Greene... southeast
Monroe... Sullivan... Unicoi... Union... Washington TN and west
Polk. In southwest Virginia... Lee... Russell... Scott...
Washington and wise.
* Through Sunday evening
* abundant moisture and a large scale storm system... will produce
rounds of showers and a few thunderstorms.
* Widespread rains... locally heavy at times... may cause flash
flooding through Sunday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain... which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If
you are in the watch area... .keep an eye out for rising water or
water over roadways. Keep informed... and be ready for action if
flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you
come to a closed or flooded Road... turn around! Don't drown!
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement