Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 5:07 PM CST on January 18, 2018
Expires 7:00 PM EST on January 21, 2018
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
Sunday afternoon for strong winds and low relative humidity for
the southern, central, and eastern Texas panhandles...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity, which
is in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon.
* Affected area... in Texas... Lipscomb... Moore... Hutchinson...
Roberts... Hemphill... Carson... gray... Wheeler... Armstrong...
Donley and Collingsworth.
* 20 foot winds... west southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with higher
* Relative humidity... 13 to 25 percent. Rfti categories 3 to 4.
* Timing... elevated to marginally critical fire weather conditions
expected to begin around 9 am CST Sunday and end around 6 PM CST
A Fire Weather Watch means that the potential for critical fire
weather conditions exists. Listen for later forecasts and
possible red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Special Statement, Hard Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning
- Missouri -
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Watch
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Coastal Flood Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning