Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:28 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flood Watch now in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of northwest Texas and the Panhandle of Texas...
including the following areas... in northwest Texas... Bailey...
Cochran... Cottle... Crosby... Dickens... Floyd... Garza... Hale...
Hockley... Kent... King... Lamb... Lubbock... Lynn... Motley...
Stonewall... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Briscoe... Castro... Parmer and Swisher.
* Through Saturday evening
* the remnants of tropical cyclone Odile... currently across
southeastern New Mexico and southwest Texas... are expected to
slowly move toward West Texas today and into the weekend. The
airmass across the Texas South Plains region just in advance of
Odile remains saturated. This will bring the potential for
widespread heavy rainfall in the range of 1 to 3 inches... while
locally higher accumulations are likely as well. With the ground
having been soaked by several recent rounds of rainfall... runoff
potential will be high... thus leading to areal flooding or local
* Areal flooding will be possible in poor drainage areas...
including low lying roadways in urban areas... near Playa
Lakes..and along creeks and draws. Pockets of flash flooding
will be possible in areas prone to rapid runoff such as the
edge of The Caprock Escarpment.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Local Storm Report
09/18/2014 0720 am
4 miles NE of Farwell, Parmer County.
Flood, reported by law enforcement.
1 mile section of FM 3333 NE of Farwell closed due to
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report