Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:38 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Texas and the Panhandle of Texas...
including the following areas... in northwest Texas... Bailey...
Cochran... Cottle... Crosby... Dickens... Floyd... Garza... Hale...
Hockley... Kent... King... Lamb... Lubbock... Lynn... Motley...
Stonewall... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Briscoe... Castro... Childress... Hall... Parmer and Swisher.
* Through Saturday evening
* the remnants of tropical cyclone Odile... currently across
southeastern New Mexico and southwest Texas... are expected to
slowly move toward West Texas today and into the weekend. The
airmass across the Texas South Plains region just in advance
of Odile remains saturated. This will bring the potential for
widespread heavy rainfall in the range of 1 to 3 inches...
while locally higher accumulations are likely as well. With
the ground having been soaked by several recent rounds of
rainfall... runoff potential will be high... thus leading to
areal flooding or local flash flooding.
* Areal flooding will be possible in poor drainage areas...
including low lying roadways in urban areas... near Playa
Lakes..and along creeks and draws. Pockets of flash flooding
will be possible in areas prone to rapid runoff such as the
edge of The Caprock Escarpment.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Local Storm Report
09/18/2014 1107 am
Floydada, Floyd County.
Flood, reported by law enforcement.
Numerous streets in town with up to 3 inches of water.
Hwy 207 has water over Road in places... but is passable.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report