Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:33 AM CDT on May 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 05, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 4 PM CDT this afternoon
through Tuesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Lubbock has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Texas and the
Panhandle of Texas... including the following areas... in
northwest Texas... Bailey... Cochran... Hale... Hockley... Lamb...
Lubbock... Lynn... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Castro... Parmer and Swisher.
* From 4 PM CDT this afternoon through Tuesday morning
* several rounds of heavy thunderstorms will move across the watch
area this afternoon and tonight. The rain coverage and intensity
is expected to peak overnight. Widespread rain totals of 1 to 2
inches are expected... with localized 3 to 5 inch amounts
possible where storms repeatedly track over the same area. The
heavy rain threat may persist into Tuesday.
* The heavy rain will produce rapid runoff which may result in
areas of flash flooding and inundation flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory