Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:57 PM MDT on August 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Wednesday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Big Bend area... Crane... Davis/Apache
Mountains area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Guadalupe
Mountains... Loving... Marfa Plateau... Martin... Midland...
Pecos... Presidio valley... Reeves County and upper trans
Pecos... Terrell... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor...
Ward and Winkler.
* Through Wednesday morning
* heavy rainfall is forecast over areas which received flash
flooding Sunday night and Monday. Any additional rainfall
could cause flash flooding.
* Low water crossings... bar ditches... Oilfield lease roads...
underpasses... and other urban areas prone to high water.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Tropical Storm Watch , Hurricane Watch , Hurricane Statement , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Hurricane Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Watch
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement