Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 12:51 AM CDT on May 29, 2015
Expires 3:15 AM EDT on May 29, 2015
The National Weather Service in Austin San Antonio has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Atascosa County in south central Texas...
Frio County in south central Texas...
Wilson County in south central Texas...
* until 215 am CDT
* at 1248 am CDT... severe thunderstorms were located along a line
extending from near New Braunfels to near Lytle to 9 miles west of
Frio Town... moving south at 35 mph.
* An official 61 mph wind gust was reported at Lackland Air Force
base at 1240am along with an unofficial hand held anemometer
reading of 71 mph in the same vicinity from a local observer.
Hazard... 60 mph wind gusts.
Source... radar indicated.
Impact... expect damage to roofs... siding and trees.
* Locations impacted include...
Pearsall... Pleasanton... Floresville... Dilley... Jourdanton...
Poteet... Poth... Charlotte... Stockdale... Christine... Campbellton...
Kosciusko... Moore... Lytle... St. Hedwig... La Vernia... Frio Town...
Goldfinch... north Pearsall and west Pearsall.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
Large hail and damaging winds and continuous cloud to ground
lightning is occurring with these storms. Move indoors immediately.
Lightning is one of natures leading killers. Remember... if you can
hear thunder... you are close enough to be struck by lightning.
Torrential rainfall is occurring with these storms... and may lead to
flash flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways.
Lat... Lon 2862 9833 2864 9834 2864 9941 2909 9941
2909 9881 2925 9879 2911 9841 2944 9814
2936 9811 2938 9784 2935 9786 2922 9773
2888 9819 2879 9810
time... Mot... loc 0548z 356deg 30kt 2973 9818 2918 9876 2906 9946
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 1:03 AM CDT on May 29, 2015
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on May 29, 2015
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 238 remains in effect until 400 am CDT
for the following locations
. Texas counties included are
Atascosa Bastrop Bexar
Burnet Caldwell Comal
DeWitt Dimmit Fayette
frio Gonzales Guadalupe
Hays Karnes La Salle
Lavaca Lee McMullen
Maverick Medina Travis
Webb Williamson Wilson
Statement as of 9:24 PM CDT on May 28, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 29, 2015
the Flood Warning continues for
the Frio River near Derby.
* At 8:30 PM Thursday the stage was 6.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by tomorrow
* Impact... at 7.0 feet... moderate lowland flooding closes farm to Market 1581
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
bf fld observed forecast 6am
location stg stg stg day time Fri Sat sun Mon Tue
Derby 6 6 6.9 Thu 08 PM 6.0 4.3 3.2 2.8 2.3
Lat... Lon 2873 9920 2876 9912 2864 9902 2864 9910
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:14 PM CDT on May 28, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 29, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has expanded
* Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of south central
Texas... including the following areas... Bastrop... Bexar...
blanco... Burnet... Caldwell... Comal... Dimmit... Fayette... frio...
Guadalupe... Hays... Kendall... Lee... Maverick... Medina...
Travis... Williamson and Zavala.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Friday morning
* rainfall is expected to approach the Rio Grande from the west
this evening and progress eastward across The Hill Country and
potentially through the I-35 corridor during the overnight
hours. Between 1-2 inches of rain is forecast with isolated
amounts of 3 inches possible.
* Due to the very moist conditions of the grounds and soils in
the area... rapid flash flooding of low water crossings and
some roadways will be possible where heavy rain develops.
A Flash Flood Watch means flash flooding is possible in or near
the watch area. If you are in the watch area... plan now for what
you will do if flash flooding develops. Stay informed and be
ready to act if you see flooding or if a Flash Flood Warning is
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement