Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 8:59 PM CDT on August 27, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Rip current risk remains in effect through Thursday evening...
* timing... tonight through Thursday.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents will continue to occur along
the Gulf facing beaches of the middle Texas coast. Both the
strength and frequency of these rip currents will result in
surf that is dangerous for swimmers.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report