Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Southern Wasatch Front
Statement as of 9:25 AM MDT on September 05, 2015
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this evening...
* affected area... the southern Wasatch front.
* Winds... southwest winds will increase this morning into the 20
to 30 mph range with gusts of 50 mph. Winds will shift to
northwesterly this afternoon and remain strong before
diminishing this evening.
* Impacts... high profile vehicles and those with trailers should
use extra caution. Visibilities may be reduced locally due to
blowing dust. Gusty winds will make for a rough chop on area
lakes. Wind sensitive operations may be impacted.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
The strong winds will create dangerous boating conditions on area
lakes. These winds will create very choppy water and generate
large waves which could capsize or swamp small craft. For your
personal safety... operators of small craft are urged to postpone
their outings until the winds subside.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:03 AM MDT on September 05, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this
evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zones
478... 492... 495 and 497...
* affected area... fire weather zone 478 Salt Lake desert... fire
weather zone 492 central Utah west desert... fire weather zone
495 color Country West desert and fire weather zone 497 Mojave
* Winds... south winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
redeveloping this morning. A sharp wind shift to the northwest
is forecast with the arrival of the cold front from north to
south across the state today.
* Relative humidity... around 15 percent this afternoon.
* Impacts... the combination of low relative humidity and gusty
winds will create hazardous fire weather conditions today.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/saltlakecity (all lower case)
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement