Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Wasatch Plateau/Book Cliffs
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:08 AM MDT on July 30, 2016
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on July 31, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am this morning to
3 am MDT Sunday for dry thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds for
fire weather zones 478... 479... 480... 481... 482... 483... 484...
488 and 489...
* affected area... fire weather zone 478 Salt Lake desert... fire
weather zone 479 Wasatch mountains... fire weather zone 480
Uinta Mountains... fire weather zone 481 western Ashley
National Forest... fire weather zone 482 western Uintah basin...
fire weather zone 483 southern Ashley National Forest... fire
weather zone 484 Tavaputs plateau... fire weather zone 488
Manti National Forest and fire weather zone 489 San Rafael
* Thunderstorms... isolated mainly dry thunderstorms are expected
to develop late this morning... then become scattered during the
afternoon and evening.
* Outflow winds... gusty and erratic winds in excess of 40 mph
will be possible with any storms that develop.
* Impacts... the threat of lightning and gusty winds in addition
to very dry conditions will bring the potential of multiple
new fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/saltlakecity (all lower case)
Statement as of 7:25 PM MDT on July 29, 2016
... Record high minimum temperatures reported for July 29th...
Station new record old record year
Ferron 69 68 1898
Fillmore 71 tied 71 1947
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report