Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Southwest Utah
Statement as of 2:52 PM MDT on September 04, 2015
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 10 PM MDT Saturday...
... High wind watch is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has cancelled the
high wind watch... with the Wind Advisory now continuing through
* Affected area... the Salt Lake and Tooele valleys... Great Salt
Lake Desert... west central and southwest Utah.
* Winds... southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 50 mph will
continue into this evening. Winds will drop off overnight then
pick up again on Saturday. Winds will shift to northwesterly
Saturday afternoon and evening before decreasing.
* Impacts... expect strong Crosswinds to develop on Interstate
80... Highway 6 and state routes 56 and 21. High profile vehicles
and those with trailers should use extra caution. Visibilities
may be reduced locally due to blowing dust. Gusty wind will make
for a rough chop on area waterways. Wind sensitive operations
may be impacted.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 31
mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
The strong winds will create dangerous boating conditions on area
lakes. These winds will create very choppy water and generate
large waves which could capsize or swamp small craft. For your
personal safety... operators of small craft are urged to postpone
their outings until the winds subside.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:26 PM MDT on September 04, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT Saturday
for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 478...
492... 495 and 497...
* affected area... fire weather zone 478 Salt Lake desert... fire
weather zone 492 central Utah west desert... fire weather zone
495 color Country West desert and fire weather zone 497 Mojave
* Winds... south winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
continue into this evening... redeveloping tomorrow morning. A
sharp wind shift to the northwest is forecast with the arrival
of the cold front from north to south across much of the state
tomorrow afternoon and evening.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 15 percent through this evening and
again Saturday afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... the combination of low relative humidity and gusty
winds will create hazardous fire weather conditions today and
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement