Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Glen Canyon Recreation Area/Lake Powell
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:35 PM MDT on June 27, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 10 PM MDT
Tuesday for lightning after an extremely dry period for fire
weather zones 489... 492... 494... 495... 497 and 498...
* affected area... portions of central and southern Utah including
fire weather zone 489 San Rafael Swell... fire weather zone 492
central Utah west desert... fire weather zone 494 Henry
Mountains... fire weather zone 495 color Country West
desert... fire weather zone 497 Mojave Desert and fire weather
zone 498 Grand Staircase.
* Thunderstorms... widely scattered showers and thunderstorms
will develop over central and southern Utah Tuesday afternoon
and will likely have little rain associated with them. The
storms are expected to decrease in coverage Tuesday evening...
but could persist into the overnight hours.
* Winds... any showers and thunderstorms that develop will be
capable of producing gusty and erratic outflow winds.
* Impacts... lightning is expected with any thunderstorms Tuesday
afternoon and evening. Due to an extended period of dry
conditions... any fires that start from the lightning can
spread quickly. Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the
vicinity of these fire starts may result in extreme fire
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Lightning after an
extremely dry period can result in fire starts that spread
quickly. Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the vicinity
of these fire starts can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 7:10 PM MDT on June 27, 2016
... Record high maximum temperature reported for June 27th...
Station new record old record year
Cedar City Airport 100 98 2013
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Tornado Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Tornado Watch , Record Report