Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, La Sal and Abajo Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:30 AM MDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 01, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from noon MDT today
through 9 PM this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Colorado and Utah... including the following
areas... in Colorado... Four Corners/upper Dolores River...
Paradox Valley/lower Dolores River and Uncompahgre Plateau and
Dallas Divide. In Utah... arches/Grand Flat...
canyonlands/Natural Bridges... La Sal and Abajo Mountains and
* From noon MDT today through 9 PM this evening
* a disturbance approaching from the southwest fueled by abundant
monsoon moisture will bring scattered to numerous showers and
thunderstorms to the area today. Slow moving storms generating
excessive rainfall moving over saturated soils could result in
* Normally dry washes... small streams... slot canyons... arroyos and
burn scars will be most prone to flash flooding. In addition...
rocks and/or mud may be deposited on roadways in areas of steep
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report