Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:35 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 30, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Maryland... the District of Columbia... Virginia and
West Virginia... including the following areas... in Maryland...
Anne Arundel... Calvert... Carroll... central and eastern
Allegany... central and southeast Howard... central and
southeast Montgomery... Charles... extreme western Allegany...
Frederick MD... northern Baltimore... northwest Harford...
northwest Howard... northwest Montgomery... Prince Georges...
southeast Harford... southern Baltimore... St. Marys and
Washington. The District of Columbia. In Virginia...
Albemarle... Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria... Augusta...
central Virginia Blue Ridge... Clarke... Culpeper... eastern
Loudoun... Fairfax... Frederick VA... Greene... King George...
Madison... Nelson... northern Fauquier... northern Virginia Blue
Ridge... Orange... Page... Prince William/Manassas/Manassas
Park... Rappahannock... Rockingham... Shenandoah... southern
Fauquier... Spotsylvania... Stafford... Warren and western
Loudoun. In West Virginia... Berkeley... eastern Grant... eastern
Mineral... Hampshire... Hardy... Jefferson... Morgan... western
Grant and western Mineral.
* Into Friday morning
* a powerful low pressure system over the Midwest will bring
periods of heavy rain to our area into Friday morning.
* Widespread rainfall amounts of 4 to 8 inches are expected.
Localized amounts up to a foot of rain are possible...
including along the eastern slopes of the northern Virginia
Blue Ridge and Catoctin Mountain in Maryland.
These next few days will be a dangerous time... requiring more
than the usual awareness... planning and preparations.
If you are near streams or drainage ditches... keep an eye on them
and be ready to quickly seek higher ground. Water may rise
Clear out storm drains.
Those prone to basement flooding should prepare. Communities
prone to flooding should prepare.
Continue to check in on the forecast for updates.
Warnings will be issued for areas where flooding is imminent.
Ensure you get warnings from the National Weather Service through
your Mobile phone and or NOAA Weather Radio.
Be prepared to take action if a warning is issued for where you
are or if flooding is observed.
Ensure your kids dont play near flood waters.
Remember if you come across water crossing a Road... turn around
- Alaska - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory