Current Watches and Warnings
Virginia, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:33 AM EDT on May 06, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until midnight EDT
* tidal anomaly... around one and a half feet above normal.
* Timing... around each high tide through Friday evening. Water
levels will remain elevated... and additional advisories are
likely through Saturday.
* Expected impacts... minor inundation of low-lying areas... such
as the eastern end of King Street in Alexandria and along Ohio
drive in the district.
Here are the times of the next high tides
Washington Channel... 8:06 am and 8:41 PM...
Alexandria... 8:24 am and 8:59 PM...
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
All tide heights are relative to mean lower low water.
Time of high total tides are approximate to the nearest hour.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch
- Georgia - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Coastal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report