Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, South Washington Cascade Foothills
Statement as of 2:24 AM PDT on July 05, 2015
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on July 09, 2015
... Heat advisory now in effect until midnight PDT Wednesday
night for most inland valleys and Cascade foothills of southwest
Washington and northwest Oregon... including the greater Portland
and Vancouver Metro area...
The heat advisory is now in effect until midnight PDT Wednesday
* High temperatures: generally in the 90s... except 85 to 95 in
the higher terrain and lower Columbia. Hottest time of the day
will be 1 PM to 6 PM each afternoon.
* Low temperatures: temperatures will continue to be slow to cool
off in the evening... especially in urban areas and higher
terrain. Lows will generally be in the upper 50s and 60s.
* Relief: not likely until a significant pattern change occurs
later this week.
* Locations include: Portland... Vancouver... Battle Ground...
Washougal... ODell... Sandy... Estacada... Sweet Home... Salem...
McMinnville... Hillsboro... Oregon City... Gresham... Toutle...
Ariel... St. Helens... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar...
* impacts: take care not to over exert during the heat of the
day... and to stay hydrated with clear liquids. Automobiles
can heat up rapidly to temperatures harmful or even deadly
to pets and children. Use caution near area rivers... be
water smart... wear a life jacket and use good judgment.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning. Know
the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear
light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink
plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 7:33 PM PDT on July 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Vancouver and at Salem...
updated through 730 PM
Location preliminary high temp previous record/year
Vancouver Airport 95 92 / 1972 1997 2009 updated
Salem Airport 97 95 / 1922 1926 1958
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch
- Guam - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report