Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:06 PM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
... A brief preview of wintry weather expected starting tonight...
An intense upper level disturbance will move southeast across the
area tonight. Much colder air will surge into the area as the
disturbance passes to the southeast early Friday morning. The
sharply colder temperatures... combined with strong north winds...
will make Friday a preview of the upcoming winter months.
Rain showers accompanying the disturbance will change to snow with
the arrival of the colder air. Several inches of accumulation are
possible in the Lake Superior snowbelt of far north central
Wisconsin. Up to an inch of accumulation is possible across the
rest of north central and far northeast Wisconsin... with little
or no accumulation expected over the rest of the area. Travel
across far northern Wisconsin could become hazardous late tonight
Windy weather is expected on Friday... with the strongest winds
occurring during the morning. Wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph are
expected across most of the area... with 40 to 50 mph gusts near
the lake and Bay. Winds this strong can make driving high profile
vehicles difficult and can blow around unsecured outdoor objects.
If possible... move items such as lawn furniture and garbage cans
into a garage or sheltered location before the strong winds begin.
Most people will also want to find their winter coat... hat... and
gloves or mittens before venturing outdoors Friday morning as wind
chill readings are forecast to drop into the teens to lower 20s.
Winds are expected to begin to slowly diminish starting Friday
afternoon. However... it will still be quite windy and very chilly
for trick-or-treaters late Friday afternoon.
Winds will continue to diminish Friday night. Although temperatures
Saturday will still be well below normal... a gradual moderation in
temperatures will begin Sunday.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- - Gale Warning