Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:02 AM CDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on April 29, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Fox River near Berlin.
* At 8:15 am Thursday the stage was 13.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Impact... at 13.2 feet... there is minor flooding in the Berlin area
and downstream in Scotts park in Omro. This level is about a 50
percent chance flood meaning there is a 50 percent chance in any
given year of the river reaching this level.
Lat... Lon 4398 8906 4402 8896 4405 8886 4399 8879
4394 8887 4389 8895
River forecasts are available for some but not all river gaging
locations. The 7 day river forecast takes into account past
precipitation... soil moisture conditions etc..and predicted
future 24 hour basin-average precipitation.
(Stages in ft.) Bank- latest forecast stages
- flood full observed ... for 7 am...
location stage stage stage/time Fri Sat sun Mon
Berlin 13.0 12.0 13.00 08 am 04/24 13.0 13.1 13.1 13.0
- highest 24 hour change
- observed in river stage
- stage in (ft.) Up to highest stage
- the last latest observed forecast in
- 7 days stage next 7 days
Berlin 13.22 10 am 04/19 -0.08 13.10 01 PM 04/25
... Below is predicted 24 hour precipitation information...
(berw3) predicted 6-hour precipitation amounts (in.)
Berlin: 7 am-1 PM 0.25
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:50 AM CDT on April 24, 2014
... This week is tornado and severe weather awareness week in
A tornado drill is scheduled for this afternoon... April 24... between
1 and 2 PM. A test Tornado Watch will be issued at 1 PM. The National
Weather Service will issue a test Tornado Warning at 145 PM for all of
Wisconsin. The test watch and warning will be broadcast on NOAA Weather
Radio and disseminated to all media partners.
Here are some basic tornado safety tips to remember when severe weather
When a tornado is spotted or a Tornado Warning is issued for your
area... the best place to be is below ground level. In a basement find
something sturdy to get under. If you have no basement... go to the
lowest level of your home or business and move to an interior room
like a bathroom or closet. Put as many walls between you and the
storm as possible.
At schools... children should be moved into interior areas like
smaller rooms... bathrooms... or hallways. Care should be taken not to
select hallways that may become wind tunnels if exterior doors are
blown off. Avoid large span rooms like gymnasiums... auditoriums...
Most importantly... know in advance when tornadoes are expected. Many
large tornado outbreaks are well predicted. Listen for tornado watches
and warnings and be prepared.
Always monitor current and forecast weather conditions... and keep up to
date on the latest severe weather watches and warnings... by listening to
NOAA Weather Radio... the voice of National Weather Service.
For more on severe weather safety... and the latest weather forecast...
go to the National Weather Service Green Bay web site at...
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Delaware - Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement