Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:06 AM CDT on June 28, 2017
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on June 29, 2017
... Beach hazards statement in effect from 1 PM CDT this afternoon
through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Milwaukee/Sullivan has issued a
beach hazards statement for dangerous swimming conditions... which
is in effect from 1 PM CDT this afternoon through late tonight.
* High wave action... large waves and dangerous currents are
expected. Conditions are life threatening.
* Strong structural currents... expected
* strong longshore currents... expected
* rip currents... expected
* location... beaches in Sheboygan County.
Beaches with particularly dangerous conditions include...
general King Park beach in Sheboygan...
Kohler-andrae State Park beaches...
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
A longshore current is a lake current that moves parallel to
shore. Longshore currents can be strong enough to prevent
swimmers from being able to keep their feet on the bottom...
making it difficult to return to shore.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico -
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning